Workshop on Construction Aware Design,
Rapid-Prototyping Spatial Reconstruction and Performance 2011
The American University in Cairo
Department of Construction and Architectural Engineering
May 15 -19, 2011
- Learn from Experts who are consulting on projects by Zaha Hadid Architects, Asymptote Architecture, Mario Bellini Architects and others to design the paneling systems.
- Get a quick introduction to Rhino and Grasshopper.
- Learn how to digitally reconstruction data from 3D scanners and even from regular photographs.
- Experience how to print 3D models using state of the art machines.
- Grant the opportunity to perform basic energy and performance analysis of your designs.
- All this will be provided in a comprehensive 5 days workshop to be taught by international experts in the field as well as local researchers.
Who should attend
Engineers, Architects, Construction Managers, Fabricators, etc…
Professionals: 2500 L.E.
Free: generous support of Kemet Corp.
Limited Seats Available
By the first day of the workshop
Deadline for RSVP
April 30th, 2011
Workshops and Speakers:
- Digital Reconstruction and 3D scanning
- Basic Parametric and Algorithmic Modeling using Rhino, Grasshopper,Kangaroo, Weavebird
- Panelization and Construction-Aware Design using Rhino and Evolute
- Performance Based Design using Diva for Rhino
Information for participants
|Directional Map:||AUCNEWCAIRO 2010:||Program:|
|[PDF 547 KB]||[PDF 2 MB]||[PDF 1 MB]|